Website Cadence Inc.
Cadence Inc., located in Cranston, RI is currently looking for an experienced CNC Lathe Operator/Tech on our 3rd Shift.
Why should you consider applying for this role?
- It’s a great place to work – From our company culture to our benefits program, Cadence is an awesome place to work.
- You will be valued – At Cadence we consider our employees to be our most valuable asset, and as such we are committed to providing you an environment where you will be appreciated, respected, and challenged.
- You will make a positive impact – At Cadence “do the right thing” is more than just a corporate motto; it’s our guiding principle and way of life. You can be proud of the fact that what you do every day improves product performance.
What will you be responsible/accountable for in this role?
Machine Set-Up/Operator-CNC Swiss Screw Machines (Tsugami, Citizens, or Laserswiss). Requires set-up and operation of more than one multi-axis machine. Will produce high quality components to customer’s specification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Makes offset changes, tooling changes, and adjustments during production runs to ensure quality requirements are met.
- Responsible for machining process development including, CNC programs, tool/setup sheets and operations development
- Performs in-process inspection
- Verifies documentation and accuracy of completed operations
- Accountable for meeting cycle time and yield expectations
- Performs general maintenance and troubleshooting during CNC machine operation.
- Runs one or more machines simultaneously based on production needs
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience as a CNC Machinist
- Prior experience operating CNC Swiss-style equipment. Citizen or Tsugami preferred.
- Skilled in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers and decimals as well as ability to use a calculator with trig functions.
- Must be able to read and interpret a detailed blueprint with multiple tolerances and smaller dimensions, and use measuring equipment independently, as well as execute the components of a setup sheet.
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Familiar with tool holders w, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts, and other accessories used.
- Proficient with precision measuring instruments, including calipers, ID&OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and dial bores
- Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org