Website The Town Dock
Serving up the best calamari from around the globe!
Do you look forward to a helping a team meet its goal? Do you find working hard and having fun rewarding?
If you said yes, then our Production Associate I role at The Town Dock might be right for you!
For over 40 years, The Town Dock has focused on offering both the highest quality wild-caught calamari and the very best service. A market leader in foodservice calamari with a growing retail presence, we are located on the docks in Point Judith, Rhode Island.
The Town Dock is a family-owned company who focuses on our core values, including doing the right thing every day. We are one of Rhode Island’s Best Places to Work, receiving awards in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022! We’ve also received PBN awards for Fastest Growing Private Company, Lean Management, and Overall Excellence.
Our team is growing, and we are looking to add a Production Associate I to our Operations team.
In this role, this individual reports to the Production Supervisor and is responsible for assisting the Operations team with all aspects of the daily physical in Production. Additional responsibilities include, cooler or freezer work, completing job-specific paperwork, and working on the back dock as needed.
- Assisting with running the squid line including, but not limited to:
- Working the deicing tank, shoveling ice, and pushing the squid to the conveyor belt
- Packaging squid into 50 lb bags and moving packaging down roller conveyers
- Labeling, lifting, and stacking 50 lb packed squid onto pallets
- Assisting with sorting, boxing, and palletizing frozen inventory including, but not limited to:
- Dumping 44lb baskets of product onto a table
- Stacking empty baskets onto pallets
- Putting 44lb blocks into a box and taping the box closed
- Assisting with finished good packing including, but not limited to:
- Bagging and sealing frozen products and packing them in cases
- Lifting and stacking boxes on pallets
- Cutting cardboard vats or boxes and disposing of them in a garbage compactor
- Working in a freezer loading, unloading, organizing, and labeling inventory
- Filling ice orders for boats and the plant as needed
- Cleaning and sanitizing the plant to standard
- Follow all Quality Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety, and OSHA Safety requirements
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.