OSHA released its new OSHA COVID Guidance per the President’s January 21 Executive Order, titled: Protecting Workers: Guidance on Mitigating and Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace. Below is a slide deck highlighting some of the key points included. Please keep in mind that the EO still calls on OSHA to develop a full Emergency Temporary Standard by
March 15 if they feel it is necessary. The key components of this guidance are:
- Conduct a hazard assessment.
- Identify control measures to limit the spread of the virus.
- Adopt policies for employee absences that don’t punish workers as a way to encourage potentially infected workers to remain home.
- Ensure that coronavirus policies and procedures are communicated to both English and non-English speaking workers.
- Implement protections from retaliation for workers who raise coronavirus-related concerns.
Here is a link to the full guidance: