Below is information sent to us by our contact regarding testing. Please follow the instructions so that you can continue to do testing.
Thank you for your ongoing participation in the Rhode Island COVID-19 Business Testing Program and for doing your part in keeping Rhode Islanders safe. We are emailing you to inform you of an upcoming change to the Business Testing Program.
Effective as of 8/31, the state will begin distributing Quidel QuickVue At-Home over the counter COVID-19 test kits to business partners instead of BinaxNOW test kits. Please read below to understand what this change means for your testing program as well as the actions required of you
What is changing?
As of 08/31, the State of Rhode Island will distribute Quidel QuickVue
At-Home OTC COVID-19 test kits to business testing partners, instead of BinaxNOW test kits.
Why is it changing?
As the global pandemic COVID-19 continues with rise of the delta variant, it has become crucial to expand the State of Rhode Island’s ability to deploy new testing strategies, types, manufacturers, and brands, in addition to those already in place.
How are you impacted?
· Quidel QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 test will replace BinaxNOW
· Quidel QuickVue test may come in 25 packs or 2 packs and can be broken apart to test multiple employees (As long as the tests are taken within 24-36 hours apart it’s not required to use the same test kit)
· Please continue to enter positive, negative, and invalid results into the RIDOH Point of Care Results Reporting Portal: portal.ri.gov/reportcovidresult;
· There are not changes to the CLIA waiver requirements currently
What is needed from you?
1. Sign and return the updated MOU (attached)
2. Return any unused, unopened BinaxNOW test kits when you pick up your supply of Quidel QuickVue
3. Review the updated training with your employees (attached); Note: individual results must be read and recorded within 5 minutes of test completion to ensure accuracy of results
Where can you go for more information?
Please continue to reach out to your account managers, Portia Jacobs and Samuel Chionuma. Additional Quidel QuickVue information can be found at the following links: