Note: The testing program is available to ANY Rhode Island manufacturer.
Click on the links below to download the onboarding documents and instructions for the Quidel QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 test kits, as part of the state-funded on-site testing program for RI manufacturers.
How To Get Started
- You must read all training documents included in the onboarding package. The Testing Playbook was carefully created to guide you through this process.
- You must have a signed MOU and CLIA. If you have a CLIA in place, be sure that it has been amended to support COVID-19 testing. If not please reach out to the CMS contact Floyd Salerno at email@example.com.
- You must establish a testing team within your work force. This will include 2 persons or more that are responsible for facilitating training, collecting specimens, and reporting results to the Rhode Island Department of Health.
- You must determine the number of tests needed to properly support your testing needs. Please take into consideration any requirements or recommendations for a one-month span. Facilities are expected to practice proper judgement when picking up kits. We will monitor all results entered to ensure you are being provided the appropriate supply of test kits.
What Is Needed From You?
- Sign and return the updated MOU and CLIA waiver form ( Please refer to CLIA Workspace guidance to determine is this waiver is necessary for your testing type). If you are a business with multiple sites, please indicate that information and we will provide you with the proper forms.
- Review the training information with your employees. Please feel free to print and distribute the training documentation, such as the confirmatory testing protocol illustrated at left.
- Wait for access to the test result reporting portal. You will not gain access until your MOU has been signed and returned, and your CLIA has been APPROVED.
- Once you have returned all required documents, received access to the reporting portal, and are ready for pick-ups, please be patient. We are presently only open for distribution on Mondays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Test kit requests will be filled in the order they are received. All orders must be submitted no later than one business day prior to pick up.
Please note that the Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) below is intended to replace any MOUs previously submitted with the RI Department of Heath (RIDOH) for point-of-care antigen testing.
- Quidel QuickVue Testing Playbook — Walks you step-by-step through the program, from onboarding to collection workflows
- MOU (“Memorandum of Understanding”) — Required for enrollment in test kit program
- CLIA (“Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments”) Application/Waiver Form — Required for enrollment in test kit program
- CLIA Workplace Factsheet — Guidance on whether you need a CLIA certificate for workplace testing
- Business Testing Program Next Steps – what to do after you receive your onboarding package
- Antigen Test Kit Request Form
- Test Pickup Directions
Submit MOU and CLIA to: Samuel Chionuma, Office of Health and Human Services, Samuel.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to reach out to Samuel Chionuma if you have any questions. For more information about COVID-19 testing in Rhode Island, visit covid.ri.gov/testing.
RECORDING – 2021 INFO SESSION WITH RI DOH